CICS Avalon/South Shore Campus
The mission of CICS Avalon is to prepare its students to enter, succeed in, and graduate from college.
Principal (K-4): Marquis Washington
Mr. Washington is the Elementary School Principal at CICS Avalon. Previously, Marquis worked as a classroom teacher at CICS Avalon in kindergarten, third, and fourth grade. During this time, he also served as Grade-Level Team Lead for third and fourth grade, Staff Culture Lead, and Principal Fellow. Prior to his work at ReGeneration Schools, Marquis worked as a behavior technician where he used careful behavioral observation, reinforcement, and prompting to teach and guide young students. Mr. Washington holds a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education from the University of Arkansas – Fayetteville.
Principal (5-8): Mary Griffin
Ms. Griffin has worked at CICS Avalon since 2012, when she began her career as the seventh and eighth grade writing teacher and a Teach for America corps member. Mary worked at Avalon throughout its turnaround, helping to take the school from Chicago Public School’s lowest possible school quality rating in 2012 to the highest possible rating in 2014. After serving as a teacher leader for two years, Mary became a Principal Fellow in the 2015-2016 school year. She holds a B.A. from Tufts University and an M.A. in educational leadership from The Summer Principals Academy at Columbia University.
Director of Operations: Shameka Williams
Ms. Williams is a graduate of Ashford University and currently serves as the Director of Operations at CICS Avalon. Shameka received a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science/Education and a Master’s Degree in Business Administration before earning her Director’s Certification from National Louis University. Prior to joining ReGeneration Schools in 2017, she worked for LEARN Charter School. During her thirteen years at LEARN, Shameka took on various positions as an assistant teacher, lead teacher, PE teacher, office manager, school manager, Pre-K director, and compliance manager.
Family Information Packets
- Monday - Thursday: 7:15 am - 3:30 pm
- Friday: 7:15 am - 1:45 pm
- Students must arrive BEFORE 7:45 am or will be marked tardy.
- Early dismissals are not allowed after 3:00 pm Monday - Thursday and 1:15 pm on Fridays.
At ReGeneration, students take pride in their appearance. Except on designated days, students are required to wear the regulation school uniform. Uniforms are to be clean, well fitted, and presentable. All uniforms can be viewed and purchased at the following store:
Martinelli Children's Wear
3517 W. 95th St.
Evergreen Park, IL 60805
- White or navy polo shirt or collared shirt with CICS - Avalon logo
- Navy sweater with embroidered CICS - Avalon logo (Hoodies NOT allowed)
- Plain navy blue slacks
- Belts (solid black, brown or navy) must be worn with any piece of uniform that has belt loops.
- Navy blue pleated skirts
- Navy uniform jumper
- Solid black, brown, or navy dress shoes
Middle School (5-8)
- White collared button-up shirt
- Undershirts must be white and short-sleeved.
- Navy solid or plaid tie
- Navy cardigan or blazer with embroidered CICS - Avalon logo
- Khaki dress pants
- Navy plaid skirt, knee-length or longer
- Solid black belts
- Solid black dress shoes
- Navy CICS - Avalon gym shirt
- Navy CICS - Avalon sweatpants or shorts
- Solid white, black or black and white sneakers
- Gym uniform clothing must include the school's name.
- Additional apparel and accessories should NOT be worn to school.
1501 E 83rd Place Chicago, IL 60617 (773) 721-0858