CICS Washington Park Campus
The mission of CICS Washington Park is to prepare its students to enter, succeed in, and graduate from college.
Principal (K-4): Alysson Malgieri
Ms. Malgieri is the elementary school principal at CICS Washington Park. She believes in rigor and joy to cultivate scholars to succeed in academic skills, knowledge, and character traits necessary for them to succeed in college and become responsible citizens and leaders of their community. Prior to her work in Chicago, Ms. Malgieri worked at SPARK Academy, a KIPP school, in Newark, New Jersey. While there, she served as a grade team leader and provided support to teachers as an instructional coach. Ms. Malgieri holds a Bachelors degree from Saint Joseph's University and a Master's in Education Leadership from Teachers College, Columbia University.
Principal (5-8): Shaymora Banks
Shaymora graduated from Spelman College in 2004 with a B.A. in Psychology. During her time at Spelman, she became a National Council of Meridianites scholarship recipient. Shaymora joined the Teach For America Miami-Dade Corps in 2004. She taught Special Education Science and Language Arts to sixth, seventh and eighth graders at Jose de Diego Middle School. During her time as a corps member, Shaymora served as an on-campus recruiter, returning to Spelman College once a year to share her Teach For America experience with current students and to help guide them through the application process. In the fall of 2006 Shaymora became a part of the Uncommon Schools family. She joined Williamsburg Collegiate as a 5th grade general education Science teacher. In the fall of 2007 Shaymora became a Special Education teacher, primarily working with students in the areas of reading, writing, and math, and continued in this position for the next three years. In the fall of 2010 she became a member of the first graduating class of Teacher U with an M.Ed. in Childhood Education. Shaymora moved into the role of Special Education Department Chair in the fall of 2010. In the fall of 2014, Shaymora relocated to Chicago, and is currently Principal of CICS Washington Park Middle School.
Director of Operations: Sarah Horn
Sarah Horn is the Director of Operations at the CICS Washington Park campus. She is thrilled to be part of the team working to create lasting change in one of Chicago's most deserving neighborhoods. Sarah is a graduate of Boston College and Northeastern University with a background in Economics and Political Science. She is also a Teach for America Aluma, having served in the 2008 Houston Corps.
- Ashley Brennan: 4th Grade Teacher
- Fiona Carroll: 1st Grade Teacher
- Nataira Hamilton: Kindergarten Teacher
- Brittany Henderson: 3rd Grade Teacher
- Nina Henderson: 3rd Grade Teacher
- Nithya Kantayya: 3rd Grade Teacher
- Arianna Moor: 2nd Grade Teacher
- Janet Kwilosz: Elementary Special Education Teacher
- Jacy Latta: Elementary Special Education Teacher
- Jason Lambert: Elementary Physical Education Teacher
- Ayanna London: Kindergarten Teacher
- Laura Reese: Kindergarten Teacher
- Tanika Richardson: Kindergarten Teacher
- Meghan Stephans: 3rd Grade Teacher
- Danielle Washington: Elementary Music Teacher
- Ericka Bell: Middle School Physical Education Teacher
- Julian Delgado: 5th Grade Reading and Writing Teacher
- Eugene Dunn: 5th-6th Grade Math Teacher
- Erika Johnson: Middle School Art Teacher
- Rodrick Johnson: 5th-6th Grade Social Studies and Science Teacher
- Danielle King: 7th-8th Grade Social Studies and Science Teacher
- Megan Latimore: 6th Grade Reading and Writing Teacher
- Patience Scott-Buford: 5th-6th Grade Special Education Teacher
- Cedrina Torry: 7th-8th Grade Writing Teacher
110 E 61st Street Chicago, IL 60637 K-4: (773) 347-0200 5-8: (773) 324-3300